Call to Action!
Stop SB100! Senate Bill 100 plans to punish local communities for reallocating our local budgets. NC Senators are attempting to undermine our work and promote state-sponsored violence. Learn more!
Click on one of the images in this section to take local action.
- Defund the Police
- Community Oversight
- Stop ICE Collaboration
- End Cash Money Bail
People not Police… Housing not Handcuffs…
Jobs not Jails… Education not Deportation…
Divest from police and prisons, invest in people and our communities
- Divest the millions of dollars spent on “public safety” that doesn’t keep us safe.
- Invest in education, health and safety of Black people, instead of investments in the criminalizing, caging, and harming of Black people.
- Invest in Black communities, determined by Black communities, and divestment from exploitative forces including prisons, fossil fuels, police, surveillance and exploitative corporations.
- Abolish all fines in the penal system and administrative fees for probationers and parolees.
- End all fines for minor and petty crimes and misdemeanors.
Immediate protection and release of incarcerated community members
- Provide housing, medical care, substance use services and treatment, mental health care, transportation, 90 day supply of medication and child care assistance as needed to all released individuals to ensure safe transition into community.
- For those who remain incarcerated we demand
- They receive a standard of care including, testing access for staff and those incarcerated.
- Transparency on counts and outbreaks.
- Additional funding designated to NC prisons should only be used for medical resources, equipment, services, and supplies needed to keep our folks safe.
Join the movement! Text NCSPAN to 22999 for updates.
End all ICE collaboration
- End all ICE Collaboration including but not limited to ICE detainers, Intergovernmental Service Agreements, 287(g) Programs, Warrant Service Officer Programs, and bio-metric information sharing.
- Ensure all facilities where people are detained in ICE custody are prioritizing the health and well-being of people detained.
Cease detainment and policing of our community members
- Cease detainment of individuals with outstanding warrants or parole/probation infractions, civil violations, and monitoring of individuals on probation or parole.
- Cease all in person court proceedings and pretrial-hearings.
- Vacate all outstanding bench warrants.
- Suspend all court costs and parole fees.
- End in-person check-ins and limit use of electronic monitoring as an alternative.
- Stopping criminalization and detention, release folks who are going to jail by waiving fees, reduce population in jails.
Community control and oversight
- We believe that there’s an inherent conflict of interest when police investigate and discipline themselves. We believe that participatory democracy and accountability means investing in the ability of our community to meaningfully oversee their local law enforcement departments.
- For jails and prisons: transparency in numbers of individuals held, released, etc. and a commitment to further decarcerate and not resort to pre-COVID levels.
- Create more opportunities for community input, transparency, autonomy like Civilian Review Boards with real power (subpoena power, decision making in hiring, etc.).
End all militarization and over-policing efforts in our communities
- No to hiring private guards, outside security, or civilian agencies to patrol and police prisons and ensure there is no shoot and kill inside of prisons.
- Do not use military tactics, force, or mass arrest during direct actions and protest against police brutality or misconduct.
- End all ICE Agreements and raids.
- Extend the rent raids until 2021 to decrease the use of sheriffs and police from evicting our community members from their homes.